Search This Blog

Happy and Safe Diwali



Safe Diwali

I still remember that day, when I was in 6th standard.. We all went to our native village to celebrate Diwali.. Lots of sweets and crackers, everyone one in my family played with fire crackers, even my Grandpa use to lit Lakshmi atom bomb with candle.

I was little afraid of atom bomb and Lakshmi atom bomb, since it use to make huge sound. So I asked to bring more Moole Pataki (Corner Cracker triangular in shape) and Aane Pataki (Elephant cracker, small red color cracker used to make chain of crackers, sara Pataki). I had got two to three packets of these crackers...


On diwali day we lit all most all the crackers, hanumanthan bala (Hanuman's Tail), Vishnu chakra, Flower pot etc... But couldn’t able to finish the two packets of Anne Pataki. Next day morning I tried to complete it, but it was too boring I put everything in one newspaper and started burning it, some crackers blown and others not..

And here is the worst part of the story. I collected the crackers which where still intact and removed the outer paper and collected cracker powder on a paper. Next I rolled the paper and filled the cracker powder. Then I went to the water furnace (typical water heating equipment used in villages with wood as the fuel) I was holding the paper roll and inserted other end in the fire...

I was expecting it to burn like a flower pot at the other end of paper roll.. of course it burnt like a flower pot but at the end where I was holding the Paper roll..

I got nice burnt on the right palm.... I didn't know what to do, it was hurting me a lot. I was not dare to tell my stupidity to my parents, as I was afraid of being scolded..

Then my mom called and told me to take bath.. I silently went and started taking bath. As soon as my hands reached the warm water the pain increased, I took one more vessel and filled cold water and inserted my right palm... and started taking bath only in left hand.

Meanwhile my father came and observed, something wrong with me.

He asked 'What's wrong with your hand?'
'Nothing' I said.

Immediately he pulled my hand and saw.. By that time there were already four to five big bubbles on my palm..

He shouted and within a minute everyone gathered and applied burnol... took me to hospital... Finally, I recovered after a month..

The reason behind telling this story was, on Diwali we are playing with bombs, firecrackers, which are very dangerous and harmful to us.

This Diwali, don't be stupid like me.. Make sure while using cracker that you are not disturbing elders or babies in your neighborhood.

Take care of yourself and follow all safety instructions, while using crackers. Keep the first aid ready in your house.

And my special thanks to those who are decided not to use crackers and not polluting air and sound..

May the Divine Light of Diwali Spread into your Life with endless joy,
Peace, Prosperity, Happiness and Good Health forever.

Wish you all a happy Diwali...



Yours
Jeevan






2 comments:

  1. Nice article which brings back memories of diwali to me also. I only dont agree with you w.r.t Special thanks to guyz who dont burst crackers.THe reason you have mentioned indicates that its only us who are polluting the environment. Diwali is held once in a year and the percentage of pollution caused by it is very less compared to that caused by vehicles, electricity, aerofuels, etc. So pls refrain advising people not to burst crackers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous Friend,

    Thanks for the comment.., you are right percentage of pollution in the name of Diwali is less.. But.. I am never against for bursting crackers.. only a special thanks if they have thought about environment...if they did so, I hope in day to day life also they care about environment....
    Also.. please mention ur name if u don't have any issues.. It would be strange to call Anonymous friend..

    ReplyDelete